Pakistan Current Affairs / General Knowledge
Pakistan Current Affairs / General Knowledge
Who was the British Prime Minister at the time of the partition of India?
2. When was it announced that June 1948 had been determined as the date of withdrawal of British power from India?
3. Who was the Secretary of State for India at the time of partition in 1947?
4. Who was the Viceroy of India from 1943 to 1947?
5. When did Lord Mountbatten arrive in Delhi as new Viceroy of India?
6. Who was the Chief of the Viceroy’s staff from 1936 to 1947?
7. When did Jinnah meet Lord Mountbatten first time?
8. When did Lord Mountbatten announced the partition plan?
9. Which party formed government in NWFP after the 1946 elections?
10. Who was the Chief Minister of NWFP after the elections of 1946?
11. When was a Partition Council set up in Center and in Bengal and Punjab?
12. When was the Indian Independence Bill moved in the British Parliament?
13. When was the Indian Independence Bill passed by the British Parliament and became an Act?
14. When did Mountbatten address the Constituent Assembly of Pakistan?
15. What is the exact time of creation of Pakistan?
Ans: 12 a.m. at the night between 14th and 15th August, 1947
16. At what time it was announced on Radio that at midnight the State of Pakistan will come into being?
Ans: On minute before midnight
17. Who first time announced in English “This is Pakistan Broadcasting Service” at the time of creation of Pakistan?
18. Who first time announced in Urdu “This is Pakistan Broadcasting Service” at the time of creation of Pakistan?
Ans: Ghulam Mustafa Hamdani
19. When did Egypt announced its recognition of the new State of Pakistan?
20. When did Pakistan apply for membership of UNO?
21. Who were the members of the Steering Committee of the Partition Council in the Center?
Ans: Ch. Muhammad Ali and H.M. Patel
22. Apart from partition Council how many expert committees were formed to cover the whole field of administration?
23. When did the Pakistan Assembly pass the resolution for changing the name of West Punjab to Punjab?
24. What is the estimated number of people who migrated on partition of India in 1947?
Ans: 8,500,000 (dubbed as “largest migration in history” by Information office Delhi).
25. What was the name of the force set up on partition to maintain law and order in the disputed areas?
Ans: The Punjab Boundary Force.
26. When did the Joint Defence Council for India and Pakistan decide to abolish the Punjab Boundary Force?
27. On 3rd September, 1947 Prime Ministers of India and Pakistan meet in a conference in Lahore. What was the agenda of the conference?
Ans: Restoration of Law and Order and Protection of Refugees.
28. Which airline helped movement of 35000 people from Pakistan to India between Oct. 20 to Nov. 30, 1947? (The same airline also moved 7000 Muslim Govt. officials and the families from Delhi to Pakistan).
Ans: British Overseas Airways Corporation
29. Which Indian city was proclaimed a “dangerous area” on Sept. 8, 1947?
30. Who was the Supreme Commander of the Indian Armed Forces at the time of partition?
Ans: Field Marshal Lord Auchinleck
31. A Joint Defence Council was set up to supervise the division of armed forces and military stores and equipment. Who was its Chairman?
32. Who were other members of the Joint Defence Council?
Ans: Field Marshal Lord Auchinleck and two representatives of the India and Pakistan.
33. Who represented Pakistan in the Joint Defence Council meeting held in August, 1947 in Delhi?
34. The Joint Defence Council had to complete its task by March 31, 1948 but when was it abolished?
35. According to Mountbatten what was “the most difficult letter” that he had to “ever to write” in his life?
Ans: The letter he wrote to Auchinleck regarding abolishing the Joint Defence Council under pressure from his Indian cabinet.
36. Under the Partition agreement how many Sherman tanks were to be given to Pakistan?
37. How many Sherman tanks were actually given to Pakistan?
38. Where was the Inter-Dominion Defence Secretaries Conference held on May 3, 1948?
39. What was the Cash balance of the former government of undivided India on Aug. 14, 1947?
40. How much from the Cash balance was demanded by Pakistan?
41. According to a financial agreement between both the countries reached in December 1947, what was the share of Pakistan from the cash balance?
42. How much of Pakistan’s share was actually paid after intervention of Gandhi?
43. When was it announced that Jinnah would be the Governor General of Pakistan?
44. Who was the last Governor of the undivided Punjab?
45. What does RSS stand for ?
Ans: Rashtriya Swayamsewak Sangh
46. When did Liaquat Ali Khan move in the Constituent Assembly that the title of “Quaid-e-Azam” be used for Jinnah in official correspondence?
47. Who was the Finance Minister in the first cabinet of the Dominion of Pakistan?
48. When was Jinnah’s name read in Khutaba at the Pakistan colony mosque by the Sindh Education Minister Pir Illahi Bukhsh?
49. When was it announced that Jinnah would act as Legal Guide to the Assembly in drafting the Constitution?
50. When was the announcement made from Delhi for setting up a Constituent Assembly for Pakistan?
1.quaid e azam fav game————billiard
2.in pakistan the word k means———– kashmir
3.length of suez canal———-100miles
4.length of Khyber pass————56k.m
5.iron lady——margret theacher
8.seahorse is a———-fish
9.cricket bat length——–38 inches
10.pak hocky team first gold medal win in year———1960
11.icehocky is national game of country——-canada
12.founder of two nation theory——-sir syed ahmad khan
13.qrardad lahore me pakistan ka lafaz kis ne use kia—– begum Muhammad ali johar
14.land of cakes——scotland
15.land of bazaars——cairo
16.republic pak came in which constitution————-1956
17.presedent form of govt became which constitution——-1956
18.islam as head religion of pak became in constitution———1956
19.objective resolution passed in year— march 1949
20.red cliff award given in year date——17aug, 1947
21. quaid e azam inagurated state bank with how much sum 3 million
22.neru report how many muslim members———2
23.bicameral system introduce in constitution of pak——1973
24.liaqat ali khan joined muslim leage in which year——–1922
25.woman joined firstly muslim leage in year———-1937
26.first session of muslim leage in city—— karachi
27.security council hq in city—– new york
28.pak became member of UN month——-sep 1947
29.first country accept pak in un——-iran
30.pak became member of nam in year——1979
31.hydrabad after partition what status have—— baharat
32.lady of the lamp is———— Florence nightangle
33.british-indian association founded by———– sir syed ahmad khan
34.first president of pak———— sikander mirza
35.one unit formed in year———-1955
36.first constitution framed in year————-1956
37.first consitution ended by——– sikander mirza
38.baluchistan became province in year—–1970
39.mangla dam has tunnels ———–5
40.length of indus river in miles ———1700
41.oldest barrage of pak———— sukkar barrage
42.now or never written in year ————1933
43.lenfht of siachen glaciar—–72 k.m
44.pakistan signed defense pact———–1954
45. Pakistan join nuclear club——–1998
46.first civil cheif martial administrator———z.a.bhutto
47.jinnah join muslim league——–1913
48.balochistan give status of province—–1970
49.when sindh separate from balochistan——1935
50.pakistan won cricket world cup———-1992
51.another name of k.2 ———-gudwin Austin
52 ratio of military asset distribution b/w Pakistan / India — 25:75
Human bone ——–206
male brain weight in ounces———49
female brain weight ——-44 ounce
lightest substance——— hydrogen
best conductor————– copper
light reach sun to earth———-8 min
blood formed in——— bone marrow
remedy for all disease———– censor
in atom which has no charge—-neutran
jiway jiway Pakistan writer
no-do gyarah———– gaib hona
baba urdu———-molvi abdul haq
hayat javed kis k baray main hy ———sir syed
lenin prize Pakistani——— faiz ahmad faiz
UN main sabarahi————- pitras bukhari
Al.halal writer———-abu al kalam azad
Who wrote zamidar——— zafar ali khan
Patriot of india————— amir khusro
Rejoiced over your prosperity
Promptly mean more quickly
Wipe out——- eradicate
Mixed-feeling means uncertain or not clear
Cut the cake mean stop talk together
Himself to himself mean———-
You May Also Like These Post